Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Being Behind

I am now officially behind on my reading. I'm going to blame my foot.
Yes, you read that correctly. I am blaming my foot on my lack of reading. I guess you'd like an explanation. Fine.

Sometime in November, I did something to my foot. No, I don't remember what. Maybe I dropped something on it. I could have kicked something hard with it. Or, as my father likes to say, I have soooo much stress in my life it went to my foot. A MONTH later, when I had time to go to the doctor, I discovered that I have a stress fracture in my left foot. It's by the the toes, so bending my foot hurts. As the doctor discovered when he pushed on my foot and asked if it hurt. Really?!? Why do doctors feel the need to test what you've already told them?

Fast forward to a month later of wearing a lovely orthopedic boot. (Lovely. Huh? Try not to be too jealous.) I have my days feeling that I can take that thing off and not put it back on. Friday, I was putting together a bookshelf at school. As I was dumping the pieces out the box, they landed on my broken foot. (It's a good thing my library aids were at lunch and there was no one around to hear me scream and cry like a baby.)


Still wondering how this effect my reading capabilities? I have been taking pain meds off and on since Friday. Tylenol makes me sleepy, so my prescription of Tramadol makes me loopy, then sleepy. The words on the page seem to move around while I'm trying to read them. It's really not nice. Hench me not reading much lately.

I stand by my decision in blaming my foot. Actually, I don't stand. I'm going to sit by decision. It hurts to stand.

(I'm also medicated while I write this. Forgive me if it lacks making sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment