Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (25)

 "Waiting on" Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about. (Created by Jill at Breaking the Spine)

The Fault in Our Stars -- John Green

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind. -- From Goodreads



Release Date: January 10, 2012

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    This book sounds pretty dramatic! I'm sure I would cry all the time with this kind of story!
    There is mine!
    http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds like what's happening with my sister. So sad..

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee there's a synopsis! Sounds like it'll be a pretty powerful read, hope it wont be sad..

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds pretty neat :) I haven't seen this advertised yet. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to go check out the author!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certain I would cry the entire time while reading this book! Might be too depressing for me....I'll add it to my to-read list and see if I can work up the courage to read it some day :)

    ReplyDelete