Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Big Picture

This is my second summer as school librarian.

Last summer, I spent my time up at school weeding through the VERY out of date nonfiction collection. I withdrew about 2,000 books from the system. Everyone of them justifiable. I mean really, who needs computer books from the 1980s?

Before school was out this year, the library received much needed new bookshelves. So, all 11,000+ books had to come off the old shelves. Which means...that all 11,000+ books have to go back on the shelves.

It's not at easy as it sounds. What you'd think would fit, doesn't. Books have been moved three, four, or five times to accommodate the rest of the collection.

I've been up to school at least 5 days this summer. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that there's no AC. Have I mentioned that I work in Texas? If you haven't heard, it's hot here.

Today, I finally got all the books that are staying back on the shelves. (Thanks to the help of my mom and my 7 year old daughter.)

I have had to order new book ends and a new barcode scanner.

I refuse to go back up to school until the scanner get here. I'm hoping it won't show up until November. Let you know how that works out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment